Saturday, May 5, 2018

Finally in Tucson

Gee I have been horrible at updating, but so much has happened.

I am finally in Arizona. I am here, and everything I could pack in my car is here, what's missing is all my furniture, clothes, and everything else I packed up. It was all supposed to arrive on May 1, the day after I got here, but I got no call... no nothing. I called the guy I set it all up with, and he had no idea why nothing had been delivered. I had May 2 off, just to get thing arranged, and he said it would probably come on the second. Hah. I called their dispatch, they told me my stuff would be coming sometime in the next four days. Tomorrow will be the 4th day, and no one has called me. I don't know if they are going to take Sunday off, but I sure hope not. WTF?? I have to take a day off of work to receive my delivery, and they said they would call me 24 hours before delivery, and so far, no call. I need to give management at the store a little bit of notice so I can take the day off. I did tell them it would be happening, they are not happy, but they understand about moving.

I really don't miss my old job, or California. I do *sort of* miss my friend Tonya, I used to go hang out at her house on my days off, but honestly, I don't miss it that much. Tonya has called me every day at least once, texts and calls most often. Thankfully I work a late shift (12:30-9) and she always works early, so on days when she works she doesn't have time to call me, except after 9. I don't always want to talk the first thing when I leave work, and truthfully, she has been pretty much of an irritant.

She drinks more than my ex. On her days off (she only works 3 days a week) she starts drinking her beer at about 9AM. I have gone over to her house at 3PM and she is already trashed. That's her thing, she doesn't think its a problem, but I can see that it is. She is extremely forgetful. She repeats herself over and over and over. Her face is so red, not from the sun, but from drinking. I told her at the beginning of April that I got a job and was moving. She had a total meltdown. She started crying, and telling me I didn't give her enough advance notice. What? Since when do I need to "give notice" to someone I am not married to, someone I don't live with. She told me every time I saw her how mad at me she is... she would stand in her kitchen and cry to me about her loss, and "what am I going to do?" "Who am I going to have help me?" Ummm... you've lived here for 20+ years, and have only known me for 8, but you can't live without me? Sorry. I had no compassion for her.

So she said, "Well, I am going to have a big party for you. I have sick time, I'm calling in sick the next day and I'm inviting everyone who is a mutual friend." OK, I can deal with that. Picking the day was easy for me, but she was so trashed when we discussed it that she kept forgetting what day the party was, what day I was leaving.... big sigh here. The day before the party comes, and she calls, and says, "Hey do  you want to come over and hang out tomorrow afternoon?" I was like... WHAT??!? What happened to the party? She said, "oh that's right, well, Jen probably won't be able to make it." BECAUSE she never asked anyone, she had no plans to have a party. I reminded her of what she had planned, so she decided to get the food she was going to make. I could only shake my head and be so very glad that I didn't pass up this opportunity to leave.

So I went over for the *party*. I had been planning on spending the night at Tonya's (on Saturday) so that if I got trashed, I wouldn't have to drive home. That was off. I figured I would be hung over on Sunday so I had planned to make the drive to Tucson on Monday instead of Sunday. Instead, I spent all day Sunday hanging out at my house because Tonya wanted to see me again on Sunday, and I had planned it with the apartment management to arrive on Monday just to accommodate Tonya. I wish I hadn't. Oh well.

The only good thing was that Tonya had talked to Jen, and Jen made her see that this was a good opportunity for me, and that it wasn't all about Tonya, but all about me. So at least Tonya didn't spend my whole *party* crying in her beer that I was leaving. And once the food was over, the party was basically done. They wanted to play Cards Against Humanity, but she, Jen, and her two cousins who are renting rooms from her couldn't get it together enough to play. I left, shaking my head that it was such a bust. I was (and am) done with Tonya.

My first day here she called me 3 times. I told her we talked on the phone more that day than we had in the previous 2 weeks. The phone calls and texts have been constant since then because she misses me so much. Really? I want to tell her to grow up, grow a pair, buck up or do whatever. She is an adult, and needs to learn to cope with changes that other people make. Sheesh. I am honestly glad I extricated myself from that relationship. I don't need to deal with another alcoholic and I won't.

So anyway, I spent my first day at work doing training, and now I'm just waiting to get some customers who need doors or windows. This store is much smaller and less busy than my last store. It is also a bigger mess. I don't understand. There are safety issues everywhere that would never have passed at my old store. The front aisles in the store are neat and clean, and products are faced nicely on the shelves. I am in the back of the store, and it looks like crap. CRAP! I spend at least 3 hours a day working on getting my area to look better. I know it will get messed up by customers, but once it's organized it doesn't take long to fix it up. There were empty spots on the shelves, and products to fill it in the overhead, but no one wants to take the time to work the products. I spent 3 hours yesterday on one eight foot section. ONE.

So glad I don't work in flooring there,  it's even worse than millworks, where I am. And I never see anyone working on store appearance, which is one of HD's big three... customer service, instock, and store appearance. We were failing on two of those. I will take care of that. Heh.

Now my only issue is getting my furniture. And clothes. And kitchen utensils. I'm so glad I kept some things to move with me, like work clothes (one week's worth) and all my documents (tax forms, divorce papers, and other assorted valuables). I hate to think of all that rolling across the country in a truck. When?? Soon, I hope. I haven't even been able to use the pool. I know I just need to go buy a new swimsuit, and I might do that tomorrow. I really am dying for a dip in the pool.

Working late is changing my whole routine. I can't survive getting up at 5:30 every morning since I'm not getting to bed until at least 11. But there are 3 disc golf courses within 15 minutes of my house, so I am planning on getting up fairly early (7:30), having a light breakfast and then going to play. My only issue is that morning is my time for certain bodily functions to occur, and these courses have  no restrooms of any kind, at least none that I could see. One is on an actual golf course, so it's possible there is a pro shop. But the ones out in the desert? Doubtful. I can play a round, come home and take a dip in the pool and then go to work. But I want to give myself a month or so to adjust to the new times before I get going on that. Plus I have to get my furniture.....

I am on the third floor, no elevator. So I definitely am planning on buying a washer and dryer, since I have hookups in my unit. Hauling a laundry basket up and down two flights of stairs is not fun when your legs are as fat as mine, and you are as out of shape as I am. I also plan on getting a cat. I miss having a pet. At my last place, it was too small, and now I have the perfect set up. I plan on getting an older cat that needs a home, since I think a kitten would be too lonely alone, and would need way too much of my time. But first, furniture.

And that's all I have for today. I am hoping to post again soon. Good luck with that! LOL

2 comments:

JustMe said...

Furniture is coming tomorrow!

jambalie said...

Hope you've got your furniture by now!! As for work, I am sure you'll get the store in tiptop shape in no time Lol I seem to recall you're good at that sort of thing. It's interesting that your writing voice is different now. I think maybe it was past time for a change for you. I hope you love AZ! My grandmother, mother and sister have all lived there at different times and they all loved it. I have friends who either lived there before or live there now and they did too. (word e)