Thursday, February 22, 2018

So much for updating on a regular basis. I think about doing it, but never while I'm actually at the computer. Then by the time I remember that I wanted to post, I'm in bed, or again not able to do anything about it. So here we are. 

I got a job tickle today, one of the stores I applied at asked my ASDS (Felicia) if I would take a closing shift (12:30-9) in the millworks department. Now I know nothing about millworks, but I sure would be willing to learn. I told her as long as I am full time, I am willing to take any job they can find me. I may hear back on this tomorrow, and then what I hoped for might just happen. 

I was hoping that I would be able to get a job right away and use my vacation time that I have planned for the middle of March to get all my junk moved. That would just be perfect, and in fact, if I can give a month's notice that I'm moving, all I need to do is find a place in Tucson to move TO, get someone to move me, and go. I have gotten quotes from moving companies and considering they do all the loading and unloading, and driving all my stuff through the mountains and desert all the way to Tucson, I am more than happy to pay. Even when I move the last time, about 10 blocks, I had other people do the work. I am past the point of wanting to do everything myself. Some things are worth it at any price. 

I took my vacation because two of my sisters, Annie and Sis, are going to be in Arizona wintering. It sure would be nice to get my apartment all set during the two weeks I'm off so that I can come back to San Diego, work my few days and be gone. I could actually, in that case, take those last few days off and just not come back to San Diego. Guess I'll have to wait and see what the timeline is for when they want me to start. Felicia said it usually takes a month to get everything finalized and done. 

So today I told Tonya, my good friend, that "this is the year I'm moving to Arizona". I wanted her to hear from me first that I'm leaving. She wasn't happy and didn't say much, but we have talked about this before, and she understands that I have to do what I have to do, and that much as she would like me to stay here and be her buddy, it just isn't going to happen. 

I could live with her, and pay her rent, but I doubt that the two of us could live together for long. She is SO much like my ex that it would be a huge mistake. Even now I can only shake my head in disbelief at some of the similarities between the two. Why am I attracted to people like them?

Anyway, I bought some totes at work that were really inexpensive. I think they will work well for moving. The better things are packed, the less likely things will get broken. I don't believe in packing in garbage bags. Most movers really appreciate boxes and bins I've noticed. I don't have a lot of stuff, and I believe I could pack everything in three days if I didn't have to go to work. It's cleaning this place out that is going to be a drag. However, once I move out, the management company is going to put all vinyl flooring in and remove the carpet that's here. They always send in a cleaning crew too, so I'm not going to extremes to make the place look good. My security was low, so even if I lose it, it wouldn't be a huge deal. 

Now I need to find a place to live. This might not be easy long distance, but at least I will have a job and a way to pay rent. Onward!

No comments: